Director of Design and UX
Coterie Insurance Cincinnati, Ohio. 9/2020 - 7/2021
Led the creation of multiple enterprise grade B2C to B2B SaaS style products.
- Recruited a team of UX/UI designers and contractors to service and develop
the company’s catalogue of web application offerings.
- Led the redesign (with a mobile first approach) of the company’s flagship portal
business insurance as well as the creation of a white label version of such.
- Successfully designed and launched a quote binding portal geared towards
agents with the help of a cross-functional team.
- Educated and evangelized UX best practices, accessibility and mobile
first approach to stakeholders,
product managers and developers.
- Based on business needs and user feedback we developed new features that became
against our competitors
- Led the creation and implementation of a design component library which reduced the amount
production time and helped maintain consistency across the company’s product ecosystem.
- Designed, oversaw and art directed the production of static assets for marketing campaigns.
UX Interaction Designer
General Electric Cincinnati, Ohio. 3/2017 - 6/2020
Developed web applications / software solutions and improved user experience for GE’s ServiceNow.
- Lead the design and development for the interactive customer interface for ~300k employees to leverage
in GE-wide IT support tool; increasing global customer satisfaction scores by 25% the overall customer experience
- Leverage agile methodology to deliver seamlessly consumable, customer-based solutions
implemented to core GE Businesses that reduce duplicative processes and contribute to cost saving exercises
- Increase cross-functional team knowledge-base on the value of user-centered design and research
throughout development leveraging regular real-time business examples
- Collaborated with GE Aviation to create a new design library that leverages Angular material to bring
a uniform design across multiple SaaS solutions.
The Business Backer Cincinnati, Ohio. 6/2015 - 3/2017
Owner of all creative web and print materials such as email communications,
micro-sites, brochures, building
signage, trade show displays, and dashboards.
- Led the design, development and maintenance of the company’s website and digital experiences;
increased site domain authority by 15% in under 4 months and revamped its SEO practices.
- Leveraged UX principles to design and develop a sustainable human resources portal using Wordpress
and Visual Composer to continuously inform associates regarding company updates.
Contract Digital Designer
Kroger Co. Cincinnati, Ohio. 3/2014 - 6/2015
Designed and coded newsletters, e-mails and Gmail sponsored promotions for all Kroger brands.
Collaborated with a cross-functional team to create banners, hero images and other digital assets.
- Educated designers on how to build responsive emails and trained our intern on how to code them,
which allowed them to expand their capabilities.
Freelance Designer, Social Media Consultant
Sergio Garcia (SG) Designs. Cincinnati, Ohio. 11/2008 - 2017
- Created dynamic promotional marketing collaterals for a variety of clients and purposes
- Offered document translations Spanish-English and English-Spanish
- Worked with clients such as: Far-I-Rome Productions, Gannet, Ideas and Pixels, Waterfields LLC.
and local bands across the Cincinnati area
Places I have freelanced for
- Social Media Coordinator, Graphic Designer
Signal US Interactive. Cincinnati, Ohio. 10/2011 - 01/2012
- Production Artist
Possible Worldwide.Cincinnati, Ohio. 07/2011 - 10/2011
- Graphic Designer
The Eisen Agency - Investor and Public Relations. Newport, Kentucky. 03/2011 - 04/2011
- Social Media Manager, Graphic Designer
Sherpa Executive Coaching. Cincinnati, Ohio. 10/2010 - 01/2011
Bilingual Associate Graphic/Web Designer
BlueStar Inc. Erlanger, Kentucky. 06/2012 - 2/2014
Art directed and executed integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels
(e-mail, web, print and
social media) and languages (Spanish, French, English).
- Developed user interfaces and user experiences for our manufactures’ micro sites and online campaigns.
- Managed BlueStar’s main website and its micro sites content using TypeO3 Content Management System.
Assistant Store Manager
Kroger Co. Cincinnati, Ohio. 08/2007 - 04-2008